The Right Way to Do a Multi-Channel Direct Marketing Campaign: 5 Important Dos … And Don’ts!
Dec 27 , 2017
Many marketers play favorites when it comes to choosing marketing channels, but may not measure the effectiveness of each to evaluate whether they’re doing the job. Smart marketers know a “team effort” works best, and they capitalize on the strengths of multiple channels.
Why? It works! In fact, marketers using two, three or more types in a multi-channel marketing effort for lead generation can improve response rates by as much as 35%, reports InfoTrends.
Equally significant, consumers reached through multiple channels spend three to four times more compared to their single-channel counterparts, per Econsultancy
So, what’s the right way to do a multi-channel direct marketing campaign? Here are some recommendations:
- Do offer an online response option in a print campaign. In your direct mailers, suggest that readers respond to it on your website’s homepage or, create a custom page to announce a sweepstakes, highlight a promotional offer or extend an invitation to a special event. Readers will appreciate the convenience; according to the DMA, 43% of direct mail recipients prefer to respond online.
- Don’t overlook the efficiency QR (Quick Response) codes. By adding one to your postcard or mailer, your targets can scan it with their smartphones and link instantly to any Web page you’ve directed them to.
- Do give PURLs a whirl! Instead of asking readers respond to a general URL or GURL such as AceCarpetCleaners.com, direct them instead to a personalized URL or PURL like BobJones.AceCarpetCleaners.com. Some sources report that PURLs drive 20-40% more Web visitors than GURLs.
- Don’t miss the opportunity to personalize your mailers. Through variable data printing (VDP), you can customize your mail with names, text and images to reflect gender, interests, purchase history and more. Response rates for non-personalized mail in a lead nurture campaign are typically 2-3%, says the Direct Marketing Association. They leap to over 8% for lead generation to 28% for loyalty campaigns when personalization is employed, reports Caslon & Company.
- Do consider the need for consistency. When using multiple communication channels, you may need to work a little harder to ensure your visual identity and brand messaging remains consistent across all.
And one more … don’t hesitate to call us if you need assistance with marketing.
Fast. Local. Personal. For over 35 years KKP has been supplying a comprehensive range of high-quality print, design and sign services as well as marketing assistance to Canadian businesses. For expert assistance, attentive service and affordable prices, contact us today.
OTHER STORIES YOU MAY LIKE
Email List Growth: It’s Not as Hard as It Seems
Email remains attractive to marketers for its affordability, immediacy and effectiveness. Best of all, you know your subscribers have given you permission to contact them which means there is implied ...
What You Can Learn from Your Email Unsubscribes
No one likes rejection, including marketers. While the sense of “approval” that comes with seeing your marketing emails opened and the links clicked can make anyone smile, there is a seemingly unpleas...